How Do We Know What the Best Foods for Weight Loss Are?
For many of us the minefield of healthy food information from the media, safe food organizations, medical professionals and nutritionists can be over-whelming.
Leaving us confused and unsure about what really is healthy and nutritious.
Healthy eating should not be solely about what you cannot eat, the key to a healthy balanced diet is not to ban or omit any foods or food groups.
The real truth is that virtually no food is bad for you, if eaten in moderation and combined with an other wise healthy lifestyle.
This means ensuring your diet meets the daily recommended nutrients, proteins, healthy fat, carbohydrates, fiber, vitamins, minerals and water
Change Your Diet: Choose Nutrient-rich Foods
In fact, Americans in general are choosing to eat foods that are high in calories and low in nutrients. .
These foods often contain added sugar, starch, sodium (salt), saturated fat or trans fat which are the contributing factors to many life limiting and chronic diseases, such as diabetes, obesity, heart disease, strokes and some cancers.
By not eating a variety of nutrient rich foods and living a physically inactive life we are putting ourselves and our families at risk.
The 2010 Dietary Guidelines was designed to help people choose a healthy diet.
- It emphasizes 3 major goals for Americans:Balance calories with physical activity to manage weight.
- Consume more of certain foods and nutrients such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, fat-free and low-fat dairy products, and seafood.
- Consume fewer foods with sodium (salt), saturated fats, trans fats, cholesterol, added sugars, and refined grains
Carbohydrates, protein and fat are macronutrients that provide calories, but they also have other functions.
The main purpose of fiber in your digestive tract is to keep your bowels moving and help you have regular bowel movements.
Sodium is an important part of your daily diet; however, going overboard causes an array of health problems.
Some of the best foods for weight loss are delicious too!
The best foods for weight loss and healthy eating, don’t have to be bland and tasteless but they should have a balance of healthy fats, proteins, fiber, vitamins, minerals
The importance of protein for a healthy life.
So you may assume the solution is to eat protein all day long.
Not so fast, say nutritionists.
The truth is, we need less total protein that you might think.
But we could all benefit from getting more protein from better food sources.
Keeping a “Food Fact Sheet” provides you with a healthy weight loss plan and introduces you to the healthiest foods to eat for successful weight loss and a healthier life.
FREE Downloadable Food Fact Sheets
Research shows that if you want to power up your weight loss efforts then its best to use a plan which interacts with you and is matched to your personal needs.
The Dairy Group
- Milk, yogurt, cheese and/or alternatives, mostly reduced fat.
- Most people need at least 2-3 servings each day, however, the minimum recommended allowance will vary according to your age, sex and life stage:
- For Example: Women over 51 years need 4 serves a day as their calcium requirements are high to protect bones and hormonal changes during and after the menopause.
- All types of yogurt, most cheeses and all liquid milk products are part of the dairy group, as are calcium-rich milk-based desserts such as ice cream and pudding.
- A wide range of milk and yoghurt products are available with varying levels of fat.
- Milk can be fresh, dried, evaporated, or UHT (long life). Cheese is usually high in kilojoules, saturated fat and salt and is best limited to 2-3 times a week.
- However, some cheeses also have reduced levels of fat and salt.
- Examples of milk, yogurt, cheese and/or alternatives include:
- Milks – All reduced fat or full cream milks, plain and flavored, long life milks, powdered milk, evaporated milk, soy beverages (fortified with at least 100mg calcium/100mL)
- Cheese – All hard cheeses, reduced or full fat for example cheddar, red Leicester, Gloucester, Edam, Gouda Soy cheeses (calcium fortified).
Get the best nutritional and weight loss help that you will need to achieve your weight loss and fitness goals.
Additional Healthy Food Resources Online
Vegetables and legumes/beans – https://www.eatforhealth.gov.au/food-essentials/five-food-groups/vegetables-and-legumes-beans
Fruit – https://www.eatforhealth.gov.au/food-essentials/five-food-groups/fruit
Grain (cereal) foods, mostly wholegrain and/or high cereal fibre varieties
Milk, yoghurt -essentials/five-food-groups/fruiteese and/or alternatives, mostly reduced fat
How to Eat Healthy for Under $6 a Day – http://www.huffingtonpost.com
Eat Healthy for Less – http://eathealthyforless.org/
Body Weight Fat Loss – http://femalefatlossover40.org/bodyweight-fat-loss
Family Friendly Fat Burning Meals – You are responsible for changing all the bad habits and turning them into healthy ones. With Family Friendly Fat Burning Meals, this will be a very easy task.